Senior Systems Engineer
Jacksonville, FL 32224
RemX is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer for a growing and stable company in Jacksonville, FL. Successful candidates will have a bachelor’ s degree or five years of experience in system infrastructures. This is a full time, direct hire position.
- Monitor, configure, maintain and upgrade Network, Storage and Server software/firmware and hardware to ensure systems and networks continuity. Document all changes and upgrades to systems.
- Manage, configure, monitor and troubleshoot Cisco Network infrastructure. This includes firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers, access points and Cisco monitoring and maintenance systems.
- Support Data Center hardware and software infrastructure, including VMware virtual environment, Microsoft servers in a virtual and physical environment, NAS Data storage environment and NAS Data Duplication environments.
- Manage, configure, maintain and monitor the Cisco Enterprise Security packages: Amp for End Points, Cisco Email Security, Cisco Umbrella for Web content, AMP for Networks and Cisco Firepower IDS/IPS.
- Use in depth knowledge of Microsoft Directory services, Network services, Server and Desktop operating systems and Office productivity software to troubleshoot and maintain systems functionality.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of Microsoft cloud technologies, including Exchange Online, Office 365, Active Directory Federated Services and Directory Synchronization.
- Provide technical, administrative and configuration support for the following platforms: Windows Server2012, 2016, 2019, IIS, Active Directory / Group Policy, SCCM, VMware, VDI, SQL Server, Backup Exec, AS400 Operations \ Client configuration, Windows Desktop PC’ s, MS Office 365 and other related technologies.
- Manage and upgrade Solarwinds Orion Server and Network monitoring software and servers.
- Provide Engineering design, setup, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of all Windows Servers, Windows Desktops and related technologies.
- Maintain System backups and Disaster recovery hardware and software.
- Maintain backup, recovery and problem resolution plans for all networking components.
- Maintain Intranet and Extranet sites, including implementing Certificate Authorities, SSL and other authentication methods.
- Superior communication skills with ability to effectively deal with all level end users, co-workers and subordinates.
- Recommend, plan, coordinate and implement creative, reliable, professional solutions utilizing current and emerging technologies and tools.
- Perform upgrades and maintenance to Microsoft Exchange, MS-SQL, Sharepoint and SCCM Servers.
- Directly support various network resources, including knowledge transfer and “ roll out” of client and server-side hardware and software upgrades.
- Automate tasks to simplify system management and trouble-shooting with scripts and tools.
- Test network system updates, upgrades and security patches to determine reliability factors.
- Provide all levels of Helpdesk support for internal and external users by assisting to resolve computer related problems such as inoperative hardware, software or communications issues.
- Fully document new and existing procedures. Record maintenance and updates schedules as well as create troubleshooting material and network diagrams.
- Provide 24X7 technical support on a rotation basis following guidelines set by management.